    SubjectRe: [discuss] Re: kgdb for x86_64 2.6 kernels

    > I have released kgdb 2.0.1 for kernel 2.6.1:
    > It doesn't contain any assert stuff. I have split it into multiple parts to
    > make a merge easier. Please let me know if you want me to further split them
    > or if you want something to be changed. The README file from this tarball is
    > pasted below.
    > Here is two possible starting points:
    > 1. SMP stuff -> Replace my old smp and nmi handling code.
    > 2. Early boot -> Change 8250.patch to make configuration of serial port either
    > through config options or through command line.
    > I'll attempt reading your patch and merging as much stuff as possible.
    > Thanks.
    > Patch:
    > ------
    > Patch the kernel out of following patches.
    > core.patch - KGDB architecture and interface independent code. Required.
    > i386.patch - i386 architecture dependent part. Required only for that
    > architecture.
    > x86_64.patch - x86_64 architecture dependent part. Required only for that
    > architecture.
    > 8250.patch - Generic serial port (8250 and 16550) interface for kgdb. This
    > is the only working interface in this release. Hence required.
    > eth.patch - Ethernet interface for kgdb. This is still under development.
    > Use only if you plan to contribute to its development.

    It worked in 2.6something-mm. I'll try to take a look at this one; the
    code is way better than -mm version. Hopefully getting kgdbeth to work
    will not be that hard.
    [Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.020 / U:39.176 seconds]