    SubjectRe: Q re /proc/bus/i2c
    On Saturday 10 January 2004 06:58, J. Ryan Earl wrote:
    >Gene Heskett wrote:
    >>On Friday 09 January 2004 20:47, J. Ryan Earl wrote:
    >>I've also got a bttv card, whose init seems to be done quite early
    >> in the bootup, and that requires I have i2c-dev in the kernel. So
    >> I might as well put it all in, the current situation. All in, or
    >> all out, it doesn't work. A run of sensors right now, returns
    >> this:
    >A couple questions:
    >1) Have you installed the lm-sensors package?

    By hand, make user_install did not in fact overwrite any of the older
    sensors stuff, so I did it with mc.

    >2) What kernel version?

    >Even with 2.6, you need to install the lm-sensors package, but not
    > the i2c package as the kernel already has everything needed in it.
    > The lm-sensors packages contains drivers for all the sensor chips.
    > After you get lm-sensors installed on your current kernel, run
    > sensors-detect to get the proper modules loaded for your hardware.

    Reread the README in lm_sensors-2.8.2. I've followed that, except
    that a make user_install apparently only goes thru the motions
    without reporting any errors.

    Been there, done that, a dozen times maybe?

    Cheers, Gene
    "There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap,
    ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
    99.22% setiathome rank, not too shabby for a WV hillbilly attornies please note, additions to this message
    by Gene Heskett are:

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.021 / U:9.644 seconds]