    SubjectRe: chmod of active swap file blocks
    On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Paul Jakma wrote:

    > > Is chmod of an in-use swapfile an important thing to be able to do?
    > Had a box under memory pressure and had to add a swapfile to relieve
    > said pressure. Noticed afterwards that it had been created under
    > umask 0022 - not good, and the chmod to remove read rights for all
    > blocked. Thankfully, it was my desktop, not a multiple user server :)

    How much of the original problem goes away if swapon(8) were to refuse to
    activate a file/device which has ownership/mode which it doesn't like?

    Of course such a change to swapon(8) should be accompanied by a flag to
    force swapping on a file/device with non-sane ownership/mode.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.029 / U:38.912 seconds]