SubjectRe: Use of AI for process scheduling

William Lee Irwin III wrote:
> I thought better of sending this as it seemed perhaps too unfriendly,
> but after pasting a few lines of it on IRC, it appears some people
> found it humorous. So, on with the diatribe^Wshow:

Well, despite the fact that you have a somewhat offensive tone, I do
take what you're saying seriously. Not to say that I'm ENTIRELY
discouraged, but your point that I need to have something a lot more
solid is well taken.

Fortunately, my post has had the intended effect: other people have
responded with specific good ideas, ones which can possibly be used to
produce something more concretely useful than the vague notion I posited.

I don't believe I will completely give up my habit of suggesting vague
ideas, because it has been a successful approach in the past. Other
intelligent people naturally fill in the holes with knowedge and ideas
of their own. On the other hand, before I go off with something too
vague, perhaps I will flesh it out with more thought on my own. I hope
adding too many of my own ideas won't bias others or prevent people from
suggesting alternatives.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.308 / U:0.088 seconds]