SubjectRe: Complaint: Wacom driver in 2.6
Date
Thanks for replying.
You aren't even using the wacom driver!
Mine works too in that way (I think it is some kind of regular PS/2 mouse
emulation or so).

Come to think of it, maybe the problem lies in the XFree86 driver, which I
suppose isn't really compatible with the new kernel. Well, whatayaknow... ;-)

- Simon

On Monday 29 September 2003 20:56, you wrote:
> On Monday 29 Sep 2003 13:21, Simon Ask Ulsnes wrote:
> > Hello there!
> > I am the lucky owner of a Wacom Graphire 2 tablet, which works great with
> > the latest 2.4-kernels. However, the 2.6-drive is unusually and utterly
> > broken. Frankly, it doesn't work at all.
>
> If it's any hope for you, I'm using the Wacom driver with an original
> Graphire, and it's working OK for me. I'm currently on 2.6.0-test5, and
> I'm pretty sure I'm using the vanilla wacom.c (it's version 1.30 according
> to the comments.)
>
> If you want any info about how I've got things configured, feel free to
> give me a shout. In particular, I've got these relevant entries in my
> XF86Config:
>
> # Our ordinary PS/2 and Wacom mice; they're both multiplexed into
> # /dev/mice by the kernel input event handling.
> Section "InputDevice"
> Driver "mouse"
> Identifier "Mouse[1]"
> Option "ButtonNumber" "5"
> Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
> Option "Name" "Autodetection"
> Option "Protocol" "imps/2"
> Option "Vendor" "Random"
> Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> EndSection
>
> Goodness knows if I need half those options set up; it's a
> much-hacked-about-with old file that was originally set up by the SuSE SaX2
> configuration tool, about three years ago! But I tend to live by "if it
> ain't broke, don't fix it." I guess the important thing I did to get it
> working under 2.6.0 was just to drop all the event interface crap and just
> run it off /dev/input/mice, which is where the kernel happily feeds all the
> wacom input through into.
>
> Section "ServerLayout"
> ... other stuff deleted ...
> InputDevice "Mouse[1]" "CorePointer"
> EndSection
>
> That's all I needed to get the mouse and pen working. Of course, to go the
> whole hog and get the pressure sensitive stuff and the pointer vs. eraser
> functionality etc. you'd need to use the X11 wacom driver, but I've never
> actually felt the need.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matt

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.042 / U:0.092 seconds]