    SubjectRe: IDE I/O disturbes other PCI busmasters on VIA platforms
    On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:58:24PM +0200, Michael Hunold wrote:
    > Hello all,
    > If you disable dma, you'll notice frozen pictures, which will last up to
    > several seconds.
    > I tried the following
    > - use latest 2.4 kernel
    > - set latencies for the different PCI devices with "setpci"
    > - play with burst and threshold settings of the saa7146 busmaster
    > Unfortunately, non of these things really helped. I was able to make
    > things worse (by setting latencies very low or by lowering the burst
    > size of the transfers), but I did not get rid of the problem.
    > Does anyone know a solution for this problem? Any help is appreciated.

    Do not perform busmaster transfers between busses with diffrerent speeds,
    or use only 20MBps bandwidth or do not use VIA. All chips I saw from
    them are not able to convert burst transfer on PCI to the burst
    transfer on AGP bus. Either go through main memory, or plug PCI videocard
    to your box.
    Petr Vandrovec

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.021 / U:2.824 seconds]