SubjectRe: Driver Model 2 Proposal - Linux Kernel Performance v Usability
On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 06:53:01PM +0100, James Clark wrote:
> Following my initial post yesterday please find attached my proposal for a
> binary 'plugin' interface:
>
> This is not an attempt to have a Microkernel, or any move away from GNU/OSS
> software. I believe that sometimes the ultimate goals of stability and
> portability get lost in the debate on OSS and desire to allow anyone to
> contribute. It is worth remembering that for every Kernel hacker there must
> be 1000's of plain users. I believe this proposal would lead to better
> software and more people using it.

Looks like you're looking for UDI. Most people on this list don't like
it for various reasons (me included) but you seem to like it. Since
SCO was the driving factor development probably has slowed down even
more, go and help them!

Don't expect it to ever be merged though..

http://projectudi.sourceforge.net/

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.134 / U:0.336 seconds]