    SubjectRe: Quota Hash Abstraction 2.6.0-test2
    In article <>,
    Herbert Poetzl <> wrote:
    | On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 02:56:58PM +0000, bill davidsen wrote:
    | > In article <>,
    | > Herbert =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=F6tzl?= <> wrote:
    | >
    | > Is any of this, particularly the work mentioned in the last paragraph
    | > getting into the mail kernel?
    | the quota fix was included in the next (test) release
    | so default quota will work again ...

    Thanks for the quick response, that was my prime concern. I expect to
    need quota again in the near future.
    | the Quota Hash Abstraction is neither a (big) performance
    | gain nor a feature bonus for the end user ... it is more
    | an enhancement to the code itself, allowing to have more
    | than one quota hash for arbitrary purposes ...
    | I doubt, that this code will ever make it into mainline
    | without another 'good' reason to use it, but maybe the
    | --bind mount quota stuff would be such a reason, if the
    | interest for such things will eventually grow ...
    | HTH,
    | Herbert

    Big help, I have never had a performance problem with the quota stuff
    other than not performing at all ;-) Good to have the code handy though,
    use often follows capability rather than drives it.
    bill davidsen <>
    CTO, TMR Associates, Inc

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.019 / U:155.896 seconds]