    SubjectRe: Keyboard oddness.
    Le ven 26/09/2003 à 12:24, Vojtech Pavlik a écrit :
    > On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 11:43:43AM +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
    > > Vojtech Pavlik wrote:

    [...]

    > > Couldn't it at least detect there's a problem ? Most people I know do not press a key
    > > 2000+ times in a row during normal activity.
    >
    > You do. Scrolling up/down in a document is one example. And there is no
    > point to limit the repeat to say 80 or 200 characters. You would still
    > hate having 80 repeated characters and then it stopping.

    Well then only allow monster autorepeats for arrows then.
    (they are never stuck in my board anyway;)

    > The problem really is there is no way to detect it. My latest patches
    > should fix this for AT keyboards by not using software autorepeat for
    > them.
    >
    > Of course this won't fix any problems with USB, if there are still any.
    > My USB keyboard works just perfectly, no problems with the autorepeat.

    Well mine doesn't:(. I seem to have gathered from past threads that HID
    makes the full keyboard status available at all time (unlike AT which
    only provides push/release events). Couldn't the repeat code just
    double-check the key is really stuck every ten repeats for example ?

    Cheers

    --
    Nicolas Mailhot

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.019 / U:1.752 seconds]