SubjectRe: Keyboard oddness.
Le ven 26/09/2003 à 12:24, Vojtech Pavlik a écrit :
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 11:43:43AM +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > Vojtech Pavlik wrote:

[...]

> > Couldn't it at least detect there's a problem ? Most people I know do not press a key
> > 2000+ times in a row during normal activity.
>
> You do. Scrolling up/down in a document is one example. And there is no
> point to limit the repeat to say 80 or 200 characters. You would still
> hate having 80 repeated characters and then it stopping.

Well then only allow monster autorepeats for arrows then.
(they are never stuck in my board anyway;)

> The problem really is there is no way to detect it. My latest patches
> should fix this for AT keyboards by not using software autorepeat for
> them.
>
> Of course this won't fix any problems with USB, if there are still any.
> My USB keyboard works just perfectly, no problems with the autorepeat.

Well mine doesn't:(. I seem to have gathered from past threads that HID
makes the full keyboard status available at all time (unlike AT which
only provides push/release events). Couldn't the repeat code just
double-check the key is really stuck every ten repeats for example ?

Cheers

--
Nicolas Mailhot

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans