SubjectRe: Keyboard oddness.
Vojtech Pavlik  wrote:

|> Many people have reported missing key releases, and, as a consequence
| of that,
| > stuck keys. Your reports feel a bit different: the e0 is sometimes lost from
| > a key press, sometimes from a key release.

| I'm wondering if it could be a bug in the i8042.c driver ...

This is worse than that. I'm seing the same kind of bug on a pure HID+EHCI setup
and I've seen other reports of USB problems on the lists these past months.

I can't just believe everyone and his cat has suddenly a faulty/broken keyboard.

The fact is software autorepeat seems extremely brittle in 2.6 and goes nuts every
once in a while for *everyone* (and I also seem to remember this was not always the
case - the first 2.5 I tried didn't go mad on my setup this only happened later in
2.5.7x times I think). Now maybe the underlying keyboard drivers are feeding it junk
I don't know but this is no justification for the way it's been misbehaving (crap
hardware happens, glitchy hardware is common but the autorepeat code seems to expect
ideal behaviour that only happens on paper)

Couldn't it at least detect there's a problem ? Most people I know do not press a key
2000+ times in a row during normal activity.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.069 / U:0.484 seconds]