SubjectPrefered method to map PCI memory into userspace.
I am looking for the most current (blessed) structure
for mapping PCI memory to a user process. One that allows
both PIO and busmastering to work on a common block of
PCI RAM. I am not concerned with backporting to older
kernels but it would be nice if the solution wasn't ibm specific.

My problem is a 64M window into a frame buffer that I would
like to map into user space. I am more than willing to put
forth the effort, I just want to make sure I'm heading in
the right direction.

Is there a better forum for posting this? Regards,
J. Deas

RH9.0 2.4.20-6smp kernel and above.

--
Jim Deas <jdeas@jadsystems.com>