    Subject[OT] Re: Horiffic SPAM
    Richard B. Johnson wrote:
    > On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
    >

    >>On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 02:11:59PM -0400, Richard B. Johnson wrote:
    >>

    > Well it seems that fire-walling the SPAM servers is *not* a good idea.
    > They are persistant, gang up, and will not give up until they are
    > able to deliver the mail! When I firewall them, my network traffic

    According to standards they will give up after 5 days or so.

    > ends up being continuous SYN floods as every spam-server in the
    > country tries to connect. It doesn't do any good to set `ipchains` to
    > REJECT instead of DENY. They just keep on banging on the door.

    Have you considered teergrubing them instead? That ought to
    fix the bandwith problem. And it is not so fun for whoever has
    the spam server either - either disrupting some spammers operation
    or harassing some server admin into making his box un-abuseable.

    Helge Hafting

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.023 / U:0.188 seconds]