    SubjectRe: log-buf-len dynamic
    On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 08:16:02PM -0700, Larry McVoy wrote:
    > Yeah. I'm using the Linux VM. And it _still_ isn't up to what I managed
    > to accomplish in SunOS. Wake up, dude. You aren't the first one to

    if this would be really true, then why do you use linux then? I don't
    understand. I've to exclude the reason is that it's free and open.

    I heard arguments like yours for years and years from tons of different
    people, 7 years ago I heard the very same again and again about linux
    at large compared to other operative systems (way before I was using
    linux myself).

    Personally I don't believe you. I'm not saying the vm is too complex,
    but it's heavily dominatd by details, it's simply not possible to
    unique describe the vm in terms of algorithms like most parers do, and I
    believe what we have in linux (mainline 2.4.23pre5 and 2.6 [modulo
    rmap]) is very optimal.

    Andrea - If you prefer relying on open source software, check these links:[45]/

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.021 / U:30.704 seconds]