SubjectRe: Broken synaptics mouse..
Date
On Sunday 21 September 2003 12:27 pm, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 07:20:09PM +0200, Peter Osterlund wrote:
> > > I'd really prefer to contain the ugliness in mousedev.c, which then
> > > could be removed completely in 2.8 or so, when XFree and GPM is already
> > > well adapted to the event interface.
> >
> > That's certainly possible too. See patch below. Note though that this
> > patch has the disadvantage mentioned by Dmitry:
> >
> > We also can't just emulate relative events as everything is
> > multiplexed into /dev/input/mice and I can see many people
> > using Synaptics via /dev/input/eventX and everything else via
> > /dev/input/mice as it nicely handles hot plugging (at least I
> > use it this way).
>
> You can use EVIOCGRAB for the time being in the XFree86 synaptics
> driver, this way you'll prevent its events coming into mousedev the
> moment it's opened by XFree86, which is probably exactly what one wants.

Will that allow 2 processes to have access to the same event device
simultaneously? I am thinking about XFree and GPM. We just got away from
that mess caused by psaux providing only exclusive access to step into
the same problem again.

Dmitry

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.062 / U:0.044 seconds]