    SubjectRe: Process in D state (was Re: 2.6.0-test5-mm2)
    Rob Landley <rob@landley.net> wrote:

    > But, twice in a row now I've made this happen:
    >
    > 1391 pts/1 S 0:00 /bin/bash
    > 1419 pts/1 S 0:00 /bin/sh ./build.sh
    > 1423 pts/1 S 0:00 /bin/bash
    > /home/landley/pending/newfirmware/make-stat
    > 1447 pts/1 D 0:04 tar xvjf
    > /home/landley/pending/newfirmware/base/linux
    > 1448 pts/1 S 0:37 bzip2 -d
    >
    > All I have to do is run my script, it tries to extract the kernel tarball, and
    > tar hangs in D state.
    >
    > How do I debug this? (Is there some way to get the output of Ctrl-ScrLk to go
    > to the log instead of just the console? My system isn't currently hung, it's
    > just got a process that is. This process being hung prevents my partitions
    > from being unmounted on shutdown, which is annoying.)

    sysrq-T followed by `dmesg -s 1000000 > foo' should capture it.
    > Other miscelanous bugs: cut and paste only works some of the time (it pastes
    > blanks other times, dunno if this was -test5 or -mm2; it worked fine in
    > -test4).

    vgacon? fbcon? X11?

    > The key repeat problem is still there, although still highly intermittent.

    I think Andries says that some keyboards just forget to send up codes.
    We'll probably need some kernel boot parameter to support these, using the
    keyboard's silly native autorepeat.

    > The boot hung enabling swap space once. I don't know why. (Init was already
    > running and everything...)

    Probably the O_DIRECT locking bug: I had `rpmv' getting stuck on boot for a
    while. mm3 fixed that.