    SubjectRe: atyfb still broken on 2.4.23-pre4 (on sparc64)

    > Same problem for me :)
    >
    > I did post the driver on the Linux-fbdev and LinuxPPC mailinglists.
    > Replies: 0. I also asked you, you didn't have time, no problem, but again
    > no test. It gets merged, people start testing...

    I know the problem, but I'm opposed to doing that in the middle
    of a stable release.

    > I agree the stable series should have a stable driver, I proposed that
    > Marcelo would merge the driver, I would aggressively investigate problems,
    > and in case of serious trouble a revert.

    Ok, but then, we need to make sure it works. Most people won't test
    before 2.4.23 is final and released by distros and at this point it
    will be too late.

    > > Why don't you push it to 2.6 first then backport to 2.4 ? That would
    > > be better imho...
    >
    > It's a possibility, Alexander Kern is porting the code to 2.6. But
    > please wait a few days, it's quite likely things will be fixed and stable then.

    Let's see...

    Ben.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.028 / U:58.652 seconds]