    SubjectRe: Another keyboard woes with 2.6.0...
    On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 08:33:24PM +0200, Petr Vandrovec wrote:

    > Andries is already gathering info for this one. This problem (missed
    > key release) happens to me on all systems I have (Athlon + via, P3 + i440BX,
    > P4 + 845...), most often when I do alt+right-arrow for walking through
    > consoles (and for Andries: hitting key stops this, otherwise it
    > endlessly switches all VTs around, and while kernel thinks that key
    > is down, keyboard actually does not generate any IRQs, so keyboard knows
    > that all keys are released).

    OK. It seems to me the two main hypotheses are: (i) problem with timers,
    (ii) problem with keyboard.

    In other words: could you (and/or anybody else who can reproduce this
    at will) change the #undef DEBUG in i8042.c to #define DEBUG, recreate
    the problem, and post or mail the resulting file with keystrokes?

    [of course: cut away parts corresponding to login sequences etc.]

    This will probably allow us to decide whether the missing key release
    was never sent by the keyboard, or was lost by the kernel.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.019 / U:70.724 seconds]