    SubjectRe: [2.6.0-test5-mm1] Suspend to RAM problems
    On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Claas Langbehn wrote:

    > Patrick Mochel wrote:

    > > > 2) ACPI
    > > > Thanks to Andrew de Quincey I can boot with ACPI without
    > > > problems and I can read out my temp and so on, but when I do
    > > > echo -n "mem" >/sys/power/state
    > > > the machine goes into sleep (STR) but crashes after waking up again.
    > >
    > > What exactly does it do on wakeup?

    Mine crashes before suspending. It says something like:
    Stoppings tasks
    critical region / count pages [XXXXXXXXXXXX]

    > When the system sleeps, it the power LED blinks. I call it wake-up
    > when the system starts again. I press a key or the power button. Then
    > the system beeps once and it comes back...
    >
    > > Would you please try the patch at:
    > > http://developer.osdl.org/~mochel/patches/test5-pm1/test5-pm2.diff.bz2
    >
    > i will try it and report about my experiences later.

    I'll give it a try too.

    > > > echo -n "S3" > /proc/acpi/sleep
    >
    > > That should be:
    > > echo "3" > /proc/acpi/sleep

    $ ls /proc/acpi
    ac_adapter battery dsdt event fan power_resource thermal_zone
    alarm button embedded_controller fadt info processor

    > > But, please use the sysfs interface.

    It hangs the computer.

    Pau

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.067 / U:0.392 seconds]