    SubjectRe: [2.6.0-test5-mm1] Suspend to RAM problems
    Patrick Mochel wrote:

    > > 1.) APM: (ACPI follows...)
    > > apm: BIOS version 1.2 Flags 0x07 (Driver version 1.16ac)
    > It's likely that if your system supports ACPI, the APM implementation will
    > not work, especially if you boot with ACPI enabled.

    Sure. That was with an APM-only enabled kernel.

    > > 2) ACPI
    > > Thanks to Andrew de Quincey I can boot with ACPI without
    > > problems and I can read out my temp and so on, but when I do
    > > echo -n "mem" >/sys/power/state
    > > the machine goes into sleep (STR) but crashes after waking up again.
    > What exactly does it do on wakeup?

    When the system sleeps, it the power LED blinks. I call it wake-up
    when the system starts again. I press a key or the power button. Then
    the system beeps once and it comes back...

    > Would you please try the patch at:

    i will try it and report about my experiences later.

    > Also, please try removing all modules before suspending and reinserting
    > them after resuming.
    I did that. But I have a lot inside the kernel. I will try to modularise

    > Do you have any of the following enabled:
    > SMP?

    > Preempt?

    > APIC?

    > > echo -n "S3" > /proc/acpi/sleep

    > That should be:
    > echo "3" > /proc/acpi/sleep
    > But, please use the sysfs interface.

    alright. but that has the same effects.

    bye, claas

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.026 / U:3.500 seconds]