    SubjectRe: dontdiff for 2.6.0-test4

    JG> I stand corrected :) However, I think it's a tangent:

    JG> dontdiff is a file that's useful precisely because of the form its
    JG> in. So, as something that's proven itself useful to a bunch of people,
    JG> I definitely think it has a home somewhere in Documentation/* It need
    JG> not be referenced in any way by kbuild; that's not a big deal. The
    JG> two really serve different purposes.

    I do not think it is a tangent. While I am not opposed to ship
    dontdiff under Documentation/* separately from the current
    mrproper implementation in the Makefile, if these two should
    name the identical set of paths, coming up with a scheme in
    which humans have to maintain just a single source and derive
    these two different usage from that single source would make
    people's life easier. Two things that should be identical but
    have to be kept in sync by hand is simply a maintenance

    On the other hand, if there are paths that should be in dontdiff
    that should not be cleaned by mrprper, or vice versa, then
    keeping two separately and maintaining two independently would
    absolutely makes sense. Are there such cases?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.021 / U:14.612 seconds]