    SubjectRe: Filesystem Tests

    On Sat, 9 Aug 2003, Jamie Lokier wrote:
    > reiser4 is using approximately twice the CPU percentage, but completes
    > in approximately half the time, therefore it uses about the same
    > amount of CPU time at the others.
    >
    > Therefore on a loaded system, with a load carefully chosen to make the
    > test CPU bound rather than I/O bound, one could expect reiser4 to
    > complete in approximately the same time as the others, _not_ slowest.

    Depends how you define approximation, margins. I dropped them and
    calculated reiser4 needs the most CPU time. Hans wrote it's worked on.

    However guessing performance on a whatever carefully chosen loaded system
    from results on an unloaded system is exactly that, guess, not fact.

    > That's why it's misleading to draw conclusions from the CPU percentage alone.

    I've never wrote I made my guesses from the CPU percentage alone, you
    explained correctly why. I encourage you too to calculate yourself how
    much more CPU time reiser4 needs.

    Szaka

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.019 / U:64.940 seconds]