SubjectRe: Badness in device_release at drivers/base/core.c:84
On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 12:10, Ishikawa wrote:
> (Sorry this is not strictly related to SCSI, but I could not help it.)
>
> Regarding the use of a program from uucp suite
> for console output capture,
> we can use C-Kermit as well.
>
> > Your need a NULL modem serial cable available
> > from any computer store.
> >
> > Install uucp - I use on the HOST :
> >
> > uucp-1.06.1-33.7.2.
>
> Or you can use C-Kermit.
> See
>
> http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckermit.html
>
> for details. There are precompiled packages.
>
> > ... [omission ] ...
>
> > 5. Start uucp on the HOST:
> >
> > cu -l /dev/ttyS0 -s 9600
>
> kermit
> set line /dev/ttyS0
> set speed 9600
> connect
>
> and you can issue other commands.
> set [space] ?
> will print all the available options at that point.
> (You can log the interaction into a file by issueing
> a command to kermit, too, but using script and then run kermit
> inside the scripted session might be easier.)
> (Generally speaking hitting ? somewhere on the kermit command line
> prints usable options/setting/keywords, and so
> you can learn the basics very quickly.)
> You can set up a startup file that sets
> the device name, speed, parity, data size, etc. and
> so you don't have to type all the command every time.
>
> While I agree cu might work well for one shot job,
> running a full terminal emulator like C-Kermit
> helps us in the long term.
>
> Just thought to let you know a full-featured terminal
> emulator is available under linux.
>
> > John Donnelly AT HP DOT com
>
> Is the succinct and to the point steps
> part of a widely available document?
>
> I wish I knew this a few years ago.

Kermit was very helpful but due to my inexperience i was not able to get
the log due to Linux's box resetting of /dev/ttyS0 when booting, i would
get disconnect...

Thanks a lot for suggesting ckermit.

Regards,

Paul B.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.081 / U:0.860 seconds]