SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] Re: OHCI problems with suspend/resume
Hi!
> > Is not disk spin-down policy, and thus belonging to userspace? Having
> > daemon poll for inactivity of hubs once every 5 minutes and sending
> > them to sleep should not hurt, too...
> > Pavel
>
> Taking precedents into account it is the kernel's job.
> Screen blanking is done in kernel, as is afaik floppy
> motor control.

Floppy motor was not designed to be "always on", and screen gets physically damaged
if you don't turn it off. OTOH harddrives were designed for always on, and if you spin up/down
too much you shorten their lives...
--
Pavel
Written on sharp zaurus, because my Velo1 broke. If you have Velo you don't need...