    SubjectFS: hardlinks on directories
    Hello all,

    although it is very likely I am entering (again :-) an ancient discussion I
    would like to ask why hardlinks on directories are not allowed/no supported fs
    action these days. I can't think of a good reason for this, but can think of
    many good reasons why one would like to have such a function, amongst those:

    - restructuring of the fs to meet different sorting criterias (kind of a
    database view onto the fs)
    - relinking of the fs for export to other hosts via nfs or the like (enhanced
    security through artificially constructed, exported trees)

    Would a feature like that be seen as "big action" or rather small enhancement
    to the fs-layer?
    Are there any supporters for this feature out there?

    Regards,
    Stephan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.022 / U:120.604 seconds]