    SubjectRe: bandwidth for bkbits.net (good news)
    On Sul, 2003-08-31 at 23:49, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
    > > I'm not sure why you are arguing this, if you have a fat pipe feeding into
    >
    > you never tried with linux, how can you claim you know it doesn't work
    > in practice? The fact is that you never tried it, while we used it all
    > the time.

    How about because any undergraduate can do the mathematical proof its
    not possible. Unless he controls the ISP end of the link random bursts
    of traffic, pingfloods, anything not respecting requests to slow down
    will lose voice traffic.

    Since he doesn't appear to control the ISP end (either directly or via
    RSVP) he's lost.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.020 / U:60.388 seconds]