SubjectRe: [RFC] extents support for EXT3
Alex Tomas wrote:

> ES> This patch seems to be against test2, just wondering if anyone before
> ES> me has used it on the latest test release. If not then i'm gonna do
> ES> something stupid and be the first.
>
> I would be happy to see anyone trying this patch ;)
>
> following patch applies to -test4 o

If it's the same as test2 then i've already tried it. I got no
performance gains as far as dbench is concerned. Perhaps my block size
is not optimal on that partition for extents. Either way it seemed to
make the kernel unstable and i've been trying to fix things since
mid-day yesterday. Been getting very strange problems, no error
messages are reported or anything like that.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.053 / U:0.088 seconds]