    SubjectRe: 2.6.0-test4 and hardware reports a non fatal incident
    Date
    On Thursday 28 Aug 2003 16:46, Randy.Dunlap wrote:
    > On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:48:44 +0200 Tomasz Czaus <tomasz_czaus@go2.pl>
    wrote:
    > | Hello,
    > |
    > | when my system is booting I can see such a message:
    > |
    > | kernel: MCE: The hardware reports a non fatal, correctable incident
    > | occurred on CPU 0.
    > | kernel: Bank 0: e664000000000185

    Yeah, I get one of those on boot, too. Or at least I did. I was going to
    turn the processor checking stuff back on to see if it happened
    consistently. What processor is it, Tomasz? Mine's an Athlon. Output of
    "cat /proc/cpuinfo" at the end, if anyone's remotely interested...

    > Use "parsemce" from here:
    > http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/projects/parsemce/
    > to decode it.
    >
    > So 2.6 has more/better/different processor error checking.

    Thanks for the link, Randy, I'll give it a go tonight. Although with my
    knowledge of current processor archictecture, I'm guessing it'll parse it
    from one format I don't have a clue about into a more verbose format I don't
    have a clue about ;-)

    Cheers,

    processor : 0
    vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
    cpu family : 6
    model : 4
    model name : AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
    stepping : 4
    cpu MHz : 1195.130
    cache size : 256 KB
    fdiv_bug : no
    hlt_bug : no
    f00f_bug : no
    coma_bug : no
    fpu : yes
    fpu_exception : yes
    cpuid level : 1
    wp : yes
    flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov
    pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
    bogomips : 2367.48

    --
    "It's the small gaps between the rain that count,
    and learning how to live amongst them."