SubjectRe: how to log reiser and raid0 crash? 2.6.0-t4
I had syslog send just *.info to vc/5 and though the *.info messages
never make
it into syslog file, I started cp -aR /usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.0 /tmp
with md/2 mounted
to /tmp and saw this *.info on vc/5 and then it locked up. How about
those zeros, skip,
assign id anyway?

journal_1037: journal_read_transaction, offset 3623, len 0 mount_id 0
journal_1039: journal_read_trans skipping because 3623 is too old
journal_1299: Setting newest_mount_id to 12

Anything?

-Bob D

Resident Boxholder wrote:

> 2.6.0-test4 amd xp 3000+ msi mbo nforce2 four Maxtor 60G 8mbcache raid0
>
> I cause a lock up by doing a cp -aR /usr/src /mnt/usr which moves data
> larger
> than total hard buffer cache, to raid0 reiserfs or ext2 ( NOT
> reiser4!) Copy ops
> smaller than buffer cache(8mb x 4 = 32mb) don't fail. Nothing fails on
> a single
> drive, compiles or copies, just copy to a mounted raid0 device. What
> should I
> try, test, or dump?
>
> No irq error storm. No cd drives installed. Smaller copy ops work.
> Turning
> swap off first slows things down enough to work, but swap itself is
> probably
> OK. I have bios turn apic off, then linux turns it on, which is good
> until the
> turn apic off before turn apic on patch gets into test5 or whatever.
>
> hdparm sets all four drives the same, udma6 but have tried down to udma4
> and pio4 and dma turned off, unmask on or off.
>
> If two drives are on the mboard controller and two on a promise pci card,
> does /proc/ide/amd74xx refer to the two drives on the motherboard only?
> It seems to mention four drives but the two slow ones might just be a
> ref to unoccupied slave drive positions.
>
> I'm wondering what to send in. Maybe I could send a log from successful
> copy with swap off, showing reiser logging, and config, in case a stress
> condition or misconfig shows up even when catastrophic failure doesn't
> occur. With swap on the fail is sudden and no error logging is coming
> through.
>
> I could incrementally copy /usr/src to one raid, then do a copy from that
> raid to another raid. All that would do is test copying from one balanced
> set of four drives/partitions to another balanced set, versus copying
> from
> one drive's /usr/src to that and three other drives' raid set, which is
> unbalanced, dragging on one drive.
>
> -Bob
>
> -
> linux-kernel" in

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.108 / U:0.836 seconds]