    SubjectRe: md: bug in file raid5.c, line 540 was: Re: Linux 2.4.22-rc1
    On 2003-08-26T10:22:57,
    Mike Fedyk <mfedyk@matchmail.com> said:

    > Is there any way to get it working on one partition, or does it require at
    > least two backing store block (an actual physical disk) devices that a bunch
    > of loop devices point to? (I'm thinking of the raid[15] case).

    md will work just fine - although with much reduced performance - if
    setup on top of partitions on the same disk. If all you have is a single
    physical disk, you can create the loop devices accordingly. For
    multipath testing, I have used LVM logical volumes + loop devices to
    simulate such, or used UML and fed it with a bunch of block devices (LVs
    or loop devices) from the host.

    (The mp-test.sh script actually knows how to create arbitary numbers of
    loop devices for multipath testing, which in turn uncovered a bug in our
    loop handling, which axboe took care of...)

    Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@suse.de>

    --
    High Availability & Clustering ever tried. ever failed. no matter.
    SuSE Labs try again. fail again. fail better.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:3.223 / U:0.880 seconds]