SubjectRe: patches question
Date
On Wednesday 20 August 2003 12:33, Randy.Dunlap wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 08:59:56 -0700 (PDT) Daniel Pezoa <dpforos@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> | sorry but i think the faq is incomplete, i think
> | useless for what i need too. It have incomplete
> | answers and not links references for many important
> | questions. May be should exist one list or forum
> | dedicated to: Kernel, Kernel Patches, Kernel Modules,
> | Kernel Drives and other about Kernel Development and
> | Bugs Report.
>
> The LKML FAQ hasn't been updated since:
> "Last updated on 21 Nov 2002 by Richard Gooch.
> This document is GPL'ed by its various contributors."
>
> and Richard hasn't been heard from lately AFAIK.
>
> I would have just guessed that the FAQ needs some updates...
> Doesn't someone out there want a job?

I've been meaning to give the FAQ a thorough going over for a while now.
(Bits of it are a lot more stale than 2002.)

I sent Richard a FAQ patch a month ago, which he hasn't responded to, but he
claims to still be active:

> > Okay, that link needs to go in the "basic linux kernel
> > documentation" section at the start of the
> > "http://www.tux.org/lkml/" faq, along with some other resources that
> > have fallen through the cracks. I'd happily generate a patch
> > against the FAQ, but haven't a clue what the source format is. (Is
> > it hand-hacked HTML?)
>
> Yes. A plain uni-diff against the HTML will be fine. I'm busy these
> days, so don't expect a quick response. But I will get around to it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard....

I sent him the patch in question on July 17th, but haven't heard anything
back. (I've been a bit out of touch in the past month myself getting back
into grad school, buying a condo, moving, etc, and haven't followed up yet.)

If Richard doesn't have time to do it anymore, and there are patches backing
up, I could give it a whack. I'm not exactly dripping with free time myself
at the moment, but I usually catch up with all the important pending things
at least once a week. However, I don't want to usurp anybody's
maintainership. (I was planning on possibly making my own tree and then
feeding him incremental patches at whatever rate he responds...)

Rob

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.058 / U:0.552 seconds]