SubjectRe: [OT] Connection tracking for IPSec
On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 01:22:49PM +0200, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:
> I'm starting with IPSec right now. To make it work, I must open up
> protocols 50 and 51 to pass across my Linux firewalls, but I want to use
> connection tracking much like I do when not using IPSec.
>
> For example,
>
> iptables -A INPUT -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
>
> When using IPSec, if I open up protocols 50 and 51, all IPSec-protected
> traffic passes through the firewall, but it's not checked against the
> connection tracking module. How can I configure iptables so an
> IPSec-protected packet, after being classified as IP protocol 50 or 51,
> loop back one more time to pass through the connection tracking module?
>
> I don't want to set up IPSec to get addititional protection by using AH
> and ESP and then let any machine talking IPSec pass entirely through my
> firewall ignoring the rest of rules.

you can use iptables to open proto 50 and 51 to specific ip's, too:

iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p 50 -s n.n.n.n -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p 51 -s n.n.n.n -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p 51 -s n.m.n.n -j DROP

this will work. If you want netfilter to fully recognize ipsec states
you have to do it yourself, afaik there is no ipsec support for the
statefull/conntrack system.

But you are better of asking here: netfilter-devel@lists.samba.org

--
Regards,

Wiktor Wodecki

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.208 / U:1.056 seconds]