    SubjectRe: 2.6 - sysfs sensor nameing inconsistency
    Date
    On Saturday 16 August 2003 20:50, Greg KH wrote:
    > > > I like this idea, but now that the name logic has changed in the i2c
    > > > code, care to re-do this patch? Just set the name field instead of
    > > > creating a new file in sysfs.
    > >
    > > something like attached patch? I like it as well :)
    >
    > Why rename local variables? Your patch would be a lot smaller if you
    > just keep the same local name variable, and fix up the name strings.

    To make it clear for anyone porting other drivers that we are using type_name
    and not client_name or whatever. In 2.4 every driver have both; mixing name,
    type_name and client_name will just add to confusion.

    I will redo patch if you insist but I really prefer having things consistent
    if possible.

    thank you

    -andrey

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.034 / U:91.500 seconds]