    Subjectincreased verbosity in dmesg
    Date
    Greetings;

    The recently increased verbosity in the dmesg file is causeing the
    "ring buffer" to overflow, and I am not now seeing the first few
    pages of the reboot in the dmesg file.

    I understand this 'ring' buffer has been expanded to about 16k but
    that was way back in 2.1 days when that occured according to the
    Documentation.

    Is there any quick and dirty way to increase this to at least 32k, or
    maybe even to 64k? With half a gig of memory, this shouldn't be a
    problem should it?

    I've done some grepping, but it appears I'm not grepping for the right
    var name, so I'm coming up blank and need some help.

    --
    Cheers, Gene
    AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.024 / U:29.844 seconds]