    SubjectRe: 2.5.74-mm1

    Daniel> I like your idea of allowing normal users to set SCHED_RR, but
    Daniel> automatically placing some bound on cpu usage. It's
    Daniel> guaranteed not to break any existing programs.

    I suspect that what's really wanted here is not SCHED_RR but
    guaranteed rate-of-forward progress. A dynamic-window-constrained
    scheduler (that guarantees not that you'll run until you sleep, but
    that in any (settable) time period you'll get the opportunity to run
    for at least (a smaller settable period)) is closer to what's wanted.

    Dr Peter Chubb peterc AT
    You are lost in a maze of BitKeeper repositories, all slightly different.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.027 / U:67.216 seconds]