SubjectRe: 2.5.74-mm1
>>>>> "Daniel" == Daniel Phillips <> writes:

Daniel> I like your idea of allowing normal users to set SCHED_RR, but
Daniel> automatically placing some bound on cpu usage. It's
Daniel> guaranteed not to break any existing programs.

I suspect that what's really wanted here is not SCHED_RR but
guaranteed rate-of-forward progress. A dynamic-window-constrained
scheduler (that guarantees not that you'll run until you sleep, but
that in any (settable) time period you'll get the opportunity to run
for at least (a smaller settable period)) is closer to what's wanted.

Dr Peter Chubb peterc AT
You are lost in a maze of BitKeeper repositories, all slightly different.