SubjectRe: 2.5.74-mm1
Daniel Phillips wrote:
> > (I think the user/PAM idea came up for the same sort of reason that
> > only console users are able to open /dev/cdrom: asking for extra
> > resource (in this case low latency is a resource) might be something
> > you'd restrict to console users.
> I frequently run Zinf over ssh, to a machine that's connected to speakers.

I do similar things. I also read /dev/cdrom over ssh, which is not
permitted by the default security policy. I.e. it's a userspace
policy issue.

> We've got something better than we've had before, even though it doesn't go as
> far as making true realtime processing available to normal users.

Indeed. But maybe true (bounded CPU) realtime, reliable, would more
accurately reflect what the user actually wants for some apps?

Just a thought,
-- Jamie

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.282 / U:1.380 seconds]