SubjectRe: [Linux-fbdev-devel] fbdev and power management
On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 19:45, James Simmons wrote:
> > My concern is that there has been:
> > - 4 months of non-exposure of this work
> > - 4 months of making the current system work
> > - and putting it in will require a fair number of drivers to be
> > re-worked.
> >
> > Apart from driver re-work and that the core interfaces are supposed to
> > be stable, what are the technical arguments against merging it, say,
> > today?
>
> This is the reason I have waited.

Those changes will only affect drivers, there is still need for
some mecanism to deal with fbcon. I'll send you a patch before the
end of the week hopefully. There may be a better way of doing it
than my patch by having fbcon be someway a child of the HW driver
in the device-tree, but it's a bit nasty right now, and my patch
adds a more generic way to notify "clients" of fbdev's (like fbcon)
of events at the low level that could be used for hotplug monitor
change notification or whatever...

Ben

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans