    Subject[2.4.21] VESAFB ,YWRAP and screen glitches
    I've solved the problem about the activation of YWRAP, but now I've
    found another problem, and this time I think that it is a real BUG or
    somthing like that.

    When I start the system with YWRAP activated I have scrolling problems ,
    in fact when I make the screen scrolling for a while (for example during
    the examination of a document with "less" or during the compilation of a
    software) , on the screen starts appear colored lines on the screen and
    these starts scrolling . When the screen is full of this lines these
    disappear and the text is back , but after few scroll again these lines
    appears. With 2.4.21-ac4 kernel the problem is more evident than the
    2.4.21 "vanilla" . If I reboot the system doesn't appears lines
    anymore, but instead of the lines appears words of the precedent boot of
    the system, seems like that the video memory have not been reset , and
    that the FB takes parts of the Video data Junk remained after the reboot
    and visualize these on the screen. Seems like an error in addressing the
    video memory .

    With 2.4.20 and precedent this doesn't happen .

    Please help me :cry:

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.018 / U:15.288 seconds]