SubjectRe: Turning off automatic screen clanking
On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 10:36:30AM -0400, Timothy Miller wrote:

> Ville Herva wrote:
> >On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 08:17:15PM -0400, you [Zwane Mwaikambo] wrote:
>
> >Most times when you need to have it fixed is when your box has mysteriously
> >locked up, and you'd wan't to know if there was a oops on the screen. No
> >can
> >do - the console is already blanked. By then it is too late to fix it.
> >
> >In what cases is console blanking so hugely important these days, anyway?
>

> Why don't we borrow a trick from my old Atari 8-bit computer. Instead
> of blanking, cycle the colors. Best of both worlds: You save your
> monitor AND you get to see what's on the screen.

hmm, ignoring the issue that modern monitors will not
suffer the burnin, how would it help to cycle the colors?
the only valid solution would be inverting the image on
a regular basis, and I don't think that this would be
appreciated ...

just my opinion,
Herbert

> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.136 / U:0.832 seconds]