SubjectRe: Contributing to the kernel while being employed
Anuradha Ratnaweera <> writes:

>Before working for a commercial organization, one usually has to sign a
>contract which makes all the work done during the period of employment
>(including innovations, "hobby" coding done during "after hours")
>copyrighted by the employer. This introduces various problems when one

This is neither possible in Germany ("sittenwidrig") nor can an
employer slap a Copyright on code that you've wrote in your free time
(Copyright stays with the Author (This is "Urheberrecht" und
"Verwertungsrecht" in Germany)).

Exec summary: Don't sign such an agreement. Sounds like slavery to me.

Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen INTERMETA GmbH +49 9131 50 654 0

freelance consultant -- Jakarta Turbine Development -- hero for hire

"You are being far too rational for this discussion."
--- Scott Robert Ladd in <>