    SubjectRe: Contributing to the kernel while being employed
    Anuradha Ratnaweera <> writes:

    >Before working for a commercial organization, one usually has to sign a
    >contract which makes all the work done during the period of employment
    >(including innovations, "hobby" coding done during "after hours")
    >copyrighted by the employer. This introduces various problems when one

    This is neither possible in Germany ("sittenwidrig") nor can an
    employer slap a Copyright on code that you've wrote in your free time
    (Copyright stays with the Author (This is "Urheberrecht" und
    "Verwertungsrecht" in Germany)).

    Exec summary: Don't sign such an agreement. Sounds like slavery to me.

    Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen INTERMETA GmbH +49 9131 50 654 0

    freelance consultant -- Jakarta Turbine Development -- hero for hire

    "You are being far too rational for this discussion."
    --- Scott Robert Ladd in <>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.020 / U:4.252 seconds]