    SubjectRe: WINE + Galciv + Con Kolivas's 011 patch to 2.6.0-test2
    I tried O11. Still chuggy in the AVIs and then locks out input into X. I
    switch to Alt-F1 console and hear the video advance, switch back, it
    pauses, switch to Alt-F1 etc. to get it through the video and then it's
    fine.

    Incidentally, I moved my /home to another hard drive last night (same
    7200 rpms) to get more space. It makes no difference to performance.
    260-test2-vanilla was quite good and -mm1 and -O11 are chuggy and lock
    out input to X and require switching to virtual console to advance
    through the videos.

    If there is some other data I can provide you, let me know.

    Con Kolivas wrote:
    > On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:30, gaxt wrote:
    >
    >>Con Kolivas wrote:
    >>
    >>>File I/O ? Try booting with elevator=deadline
    >>
    >>Setting elevator=deadline results in wine+galciv loading without the
    >>horrible long pauses but there is still chugging and while the AVIs
    >>play, the rest of Gnome is unresponsive (ie can't switch windows by
    >>clicking etc) though I can switch to Alt-F1 virtual terminal. Still not
    >>as good as 260-test-2-vanilla
    >

    > Well that is weird, but no doubt IO is playing some part here. Can you please
    > try the preview O11 patch (incremental against 2.6.0-test2-mm1 but should
    > patch against an O10 patched vanilla) in
    >
    > http://kernel.kolivas.org/2.5/experimental
    >
    > While not specifically addressing this problem, it may help.
    >
    > Con

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.104 / U:29.476 seconds]