    SubjectRe: hw tcp v4 csum failed
    James Stevenson wrote:
    > > I am getting "hw tcp v4 csum failed" errors using a BCM5701 ethernet
    > > adapter with the tigon3 driver in a vanilla 2.4.20 kernel.

    > Its probably a problem releated to the cable or surrounding
    > interference on the cable.

    This is an ethernet adapter. It means that interference problems
    should cause CRC32 errors, and the packets will be dropped/logged at
    the MAC layer, and the TCP checksum not checked. The MAC layer CRC32
    is strong enough that TCP checksum errors should be exceedingly rare,
    unless the interference is very bad and a very large number of packes
    are being submitted.

    Perhaps the error message is not really indicating TCP checksum errors?

    -- Jamie

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.020 / U:0.028 seconds]