SubjectRe: Reiser4 status: benchmarked vs. V3 (and ext3)
Andrew Morton wrote:

>Hans Reiser <reiser@namesys.com> wrote:
>

>>Please look at http://www.namesys.com/benchmarks/v4marks.html
>>

>It says "but since most users use ext3 with only meta-data journaling"
>which isn't really correct. ext3's metadata-only journalling mode is
>writeback mode.
>
>Most people in fact use ext3's ordered mode, which provides the same data
>consistency guarantees on recovery as data journalling.
>
>Please compare against the ext3 in -mm. It has tweaks which aren't yet
>merged, but which will be submitted soon.

We are going to run a bunch more benchmarks when I get back, probably
doing things like turning on htrees and tail combining and stuff, in
lots of different combinations. Ordered mode will be added, as well as
making green have a uniform meaning for all the benchmarks;-). This
benchmark was just what could be done before I got on a plane.

--
Hans