    SubjectRe: Ingo Molnar and Con Kolivas 2.6 scheduler patches
    What I really want to see is the best of both worlds if possible.
    Well, some may be more keen to see responsiveness in work-related
    tasks, there are others who wants more responsiveness in their
    leisure-related work. I hope that Con do not stop developing his
    interactive improvements just because mingo is starting to work
    his too.

    Eugene

    <quote sender="Ismael Valladolid Torres">
    > Marc-Christian Petersen escribe el 26/07/03 11:46:
    > >XMMS does not skip, but hey, I don't care about XMMS skipping at all.
    >
    > For those of us who'd like to use Linux as a serious musical production
    > environment in the near future, it is important to have the choice of a
    > system that does exactly that. This is, audio should not skip even on a
    > heavily loaded system. We do not care much about graphical
    > responsiveness. Think of something like Pro Tools LE running over Mac
    > OS, with up to 32 audio tracks being mixed without the help of a DSP
    > chip. Even when CPU usage gets higher than 80%, you don't get a single
    > audio glitch.
    >
    > Of course, for musical production, also the lowest latency achievable is
    > a must.
    >
    > This is only a humble opinion which I hope you find useful.
    >
    > Regards, Ismael
    >
    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.021 / U:0.428 seconds]