    SubjectRe: Ingo Molnar and Con Kolivas 2.6 scheduler patches
    On Saturday 26 July 2003 11:30, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:

    Hi Felipe,

    > I just only wanted to publicly invite Con Kolivas to keep on working
    > with the scheduler patches he has been doing and that have required a
    > constant and fair amount of time from him. I don't know if Con patches
    > do work as good for others in this list as for me, so I also invite
    > everyone who is/has been testing them to express their feelings so we
    > all can know what's the current status of the 2.6 scheduler.
    For me, all the Oxint Scheduler patches won't work well. Even for O8int I can
    say the same as for 01int to 07int, the system is dog slow when doing "make
    -j2 bzImage modules". XMMS does not skip, but hey, I don't care about XMMS
    skipping at all. I want a system which is responsive under heavy load, where
    opening an new xterm does not take 5-10 seconds, or writing an email in my MUA
    looks like a child is writing on a typewriter with one finger ;)

    Now that I've tested 2.6.0-test-1-wli (William Lee Irwin's Tree) for over a
    week, I thought about, that the problem might _not_ be only the O(1)
    Scheduler, because -wli has changed almost nothing to the scheduler stuff,
    it's almost 2.6.0-test1 code and running that kernel, my system is _alot_
    more responsive than 2.6.0-test1 or 2.6.0-test1-mm* or all the Oxint
    scheduler fixes have ever been.

    Strange no?

    P.S.: I've not tested Ingo's G3 scheduler fix yet. More to come.

    ciao, Marc

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.032 / U:33.804 seconds]