SubjectRe: Promise SATA driver GPL'd
On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 12:43:52PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Mer, 2003-07-23 at 11:51, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > > v2 or later. The GPL only permits "any version" or "n or later".
>
> > This implicitely says that if the version of the GPL is specified it's
> > fixed.
>
> It says you may use "this or any later version" or you may not specify.
> It doesn't permit you to specify "this version alone". See the no
> additional restrictions clause

"If the Program specifies a version number of this License which applies
to it and "any later version", you have the option of following the
terms and conditions either of that version or of any later version
published by the Free Software Foundation."

IANAL and I'm not a native English speaker.

From my understanding, this implicitely says that if the Program
specifies a version number of this License which applies to it and no
"any later version", the version is fixed.

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed