    SubjectFirmware loading problem

    I installed linux-2.6.0-test1-ac2 and tried to port my driver for the
    BlueFRITZ! USB Bluetooth dongle to 2.6. This device needs a firmware
    download and I want to use the new firmware class for getting the
    firmware file from userspace. After reading the documentation and
    testing the driver samples I got the results that I expected.

    My problem is now that the firmware loader is not working with my
    firmware file and it seems that this is a problem of the file size,
    because copying small files through the same interface is working fine.
    This is the file I want to load:

    -rw-r--r-- 1 holtmann staff 418352 Jul 11 12:38 bfubase.frm

    I have written my own firmware.agent hotplug script, which looks in
    general something like this:

    echo 1 > $LOADING
    cp bfubase.frm $DATA
    echo 0 > $LOADING

    different behaviours. The results are complete freezes, instant reboots,
    X server crashes with black screens and sometimes I see an oops about
    virtual memory, but it goes bye bye too fast to let me do anything
    useful with it.

    Are their any limitations with the sysfs binary file interface?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.022 / U:1.836 seconds]