SubjectRe: 2.6.0-test1: CPUFreq not working, can't find sysfs interface
On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 04:23:53PM +0200, Dominik Brodowski wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 04:18:39PM +0200, wrote:
> > So it seems to me that the BIOS doesn't have the tables for my Athlon
> > model/stepping. I tried to get a new bios from hp, but it didn't change anything
> > relevant (they changed something in the PSTs but did not add a new one for my
> > processor)
> Indeed, that's the BUG().

Can you also mail the output of dmidecode, and the model of the laptop.
This is a 'beat up BIOS vendor' case, which AMD are actively trying to do.
I'll forward the info on to the right people..

> > I think it would be a good thing to display a Message explaining why powernow
> > isn't working to the user in the case that no relevant PST is found.
> Patch appended at the end.

Looks fine. I'll apply it when I get back from KS/OLS.

> > I very much would like to have a way to override (or add to) the bios provided
> > values.
> AFAIK, Dave Jones will add support to override the BIOS-provided tables.

There's been some sysfs discussion with Pat in the last few days
(not specifically cpufreq related, but its going to become easier
to add this aparently..).