    SubjectRe: 2.6.0-test1: CPUFreq not working, can't find sysfs interface
    On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 04:23:53PM +0200, Dominik Brodowski wrote:
    > On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 04:18:39PM +0200, textshell@neutronstar.dyndns.org wrote:
    > > So it seems to me that the BIOS doesn't have the tables for my Athlon
    > > model/stepping. I tried to get a new bios from hp, but it didn't change anything
    > > relevant (they changed something in the PSTs but did not add a new one for my
    > > processor)
    > Indeed, that's the BUG().

    Can you also mail the output of dmidecode, and the model of the laptop.
    This is a 'beat up BIOS vendor' case, which AMD are actively trying to do.
    I'll forward the info on to the right people..

    > > I think it would be a good thing to display a Message explaining why powernow
    > > isn't working to the user in the case that no relevant PST is found.
    > Patch appended at the end.

    Looks fine. I'll apply it when I get back from KS/OLS.

    > > I very much would like to have a way to override (or add to) the bios provided
    > > values.
    > AFAIK, Dave Jones will add support to override the BIOS-provided tables.

    There's been some sysfs discussion with Pat in the last few days
    (not specifically cpufreq related, but its going to become easier
    to add this aparently..).

    Dave

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.021 / U:59.100 seconds]