    SubjectRe: Promise SATA driver GPL'd
    Erik Andersen wrote:

    >On Tue Jul 22, 2003 at 02:54:43PM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
    >>Bart, Alan, and I have been looking at this. It uses the ancient CAM
    >>model, that we don't really want to merge directly in the kernel. It's
    >>very close to the libata model, from the user perspective, so life is
    >I was reading over your libata driver yesterday. Certainly a lot
    >cleaner than the cam stuff IMHO. Given the info made available
    >via the Promise driver, I expect that I could get an initial
    >libata host adaptor driver hacked together in short order. After
    >all, the Intel one is just 400 lines. So unless you (or anyone
    >else) have already started or would prefer to do the honors,
    >I'll try to hack something together this evening,

    I'd be more than happy to test a driver. I'm sure I've got several
    pci cards plus a few intel 32, and amd-64 motherboards with promise sata
    on board.

    Once you have their hardware. Never give it back.
    (The First Rule of Hardware Acquisition)
    Sam Flory <>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.035 / U:13.572 seconds]