SubjectRe: swsusp / 2.6.0-test1

Pavel Machek wrote:

>>swsusp is working fine, but mplayer
>>in sdl and xv output mode displays a blank
>>screen after a resume.
>You probably need to write suspend/resume support for your card.
> Pavel

Just wondering what kind of support for suspend/resume is "enough", say
for video cards? Surely not the pci configuration space, you need to
restore video mode, color maps, gfx engine state etc etc...what about
frame buffer contents on card? Probably yes. Sounds like a lot of code,
and different thing for every possible video card. Is there some general
guidance here? Is drivers/video soon bloating with tons of
suspend/resume code? I hope I am wrong :)