    SubjectRe: swsusp / 2.6.0-test1

    Pavel Machek wrote:

    >>swsusp is working fine, but mplayer
    >>in sdl and xv output mode displays a blank
    >>screen after a resume.
    >You probably need to write suspend/resume support for your card.
    > Pavel

    Just wondering what kind of support for suspend/resume is "enough", say
    for video cards? Surely not the pci configuration space, you need to
    restore video mode, color maps, gfx engine state etc etc...what about
    frame buffer contents on card? Probably yes. Sounds like a lot of code,
    and different thing for every possible video card. Is there some general
    guidance here? Is drivers/video soon bloating with tons of
    suspend/resume code? I hope I am wrong :)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.024 / U:4.380 seconds]