SubjectRe: Bitkeeper
On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 01:45:19AM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> There are countries that have laws that are different from US laws (yes,
> there's a world outside the USA...). If I download software from your
> server it is possible that my local law is the one that is valid for the
> contract between us (independent of whether I pay for the software or
> whether you give it for free) and my local laws might be different from
> the jurisdiction in the USA.

Let's try and simplify this because having a legal discussion is pointless.
Our position is that we gave something out for free with an understanding
that you wouldn't reverse engineer it. Regardless of your legal rights or
lack thereof, should you attempt to reverse engineer BK we'll simply stop
giving BK out for free. See? Simple.
--
---